Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chocolates for change!


One of the really annoying things about Iran is that when you're in a grocery store and you hand over your cash, if the change owed to you is really small, the shop keeper will sometimes give you a small chocolate or sweets instead of giving you the money. Personally, I'd rather have the cash.

Thing is though, the chocolate is usually bi-mazeh (tasteless) compared to Galaxy or Cadburys... so I have a collection of chocolates/sweets in a little dish at home. Chocolate anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just connected some dots for me. One time in an Islamic shop (I'm in Michigan, USA), instead of giving my mother her change, the cashier tried to give her little cheap bits that were for sale on the counter. We were really surprised. Ah, it all makes sense now! hehe