Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crisps/Chips

Iranians seem to have a love affair with junk food. There really doesn't seem to be a concept of healthy snacks - everything is crisps or cakes (and the cakes are really nasty and dry)

In most of the supermarkets I've been too (and when I say 'supermarket' I mean the little corner stores), there is at least one wall filled with crisps. You get all kinds of flavours and shapes here. Infact, one of my relatives loved the crisps here so much that she took 2 boxes back to Canada with her!

I'm strictly a Walkers (Lays) girl. If it isn't salt and vinegar Walkers, don't bother offering it to me. Although I am finding a suitable alternative here... Cheetoz lemon flavour are not bad. Sounds gross, but they are really tangy.... a bit like chilli and lemon, but without the chilli. The other alternative is to buy plain crisps and sprinkle chilli powder on them. In fact I have a salt shaker just for chilli powder!

2 comments:

Abd of Allah said...

its an adventure finding crisp flavours, i remember the popular options in spain were vegetable flavour or olive oil flavour, the olive oil one wasnt too bad!

btw, love the new blog look, very nice!

lala said...

i love this blog, masAllah!! you've inspired my husband and I to travel to Qum next summer inshAllah!