Friday, June 10, 2011

This is what I was busy doing today...





When we moved into our apartment in Syria, it was dirty! The previous tenants were related to the landlord, so they didn't bother cleaning the place properly.

Unlike when we moved to Qum, I didn't make myself ill scrubbing the place. I took things slowly - doing a bit every week.

The kitchen walls were caked in grease - all the way to the ceiling (no idea how the grease got up there!) and one day before classes started, I got on a chair and scrubbed the walls with steel wool. Problem was, being a bit vertically challenged, I couldn't reach all the way to the top. So for the past 8 months, my kitchen walls have looked like this:


BEFORE
(The top 2 rows of tiles are still caked with grease)

That was until I spotted a ladder last week, borrowed it and spent the next 2 days scrubbing the walls. Now it looks like this:
AFTER (all sparkly and clean)

I even managed to study in between all the scrubbing. A day well spent :-)

2 comments:

A. Zahra said...

LOL thats sparkly clean.

I would like to invite you to my blog- The Girl in the Awesome Chador http://thegirlintheawesomechador.blogspot.com

Have a nice day! ^_^

Veiled said...

aww good job! :) doesn't it feel amazing after being so productive mA