Friday, April 12, 2013

Internet

So it's been ages since I last blogged. In my defence though, the Iranians have blocked every useful website that exists (Facebook, blogspot, whatsapp...)

They obviously don't appreciate my need to stay in touch with the rest of the world. Lol

Thanks to my personal IT support (aka The Husband) I'm now able to keep in touch with the outside world using a VPN account. So I will try my hardest to keep the blog updated (even though I hate typing long stuff on my phone!)

On a side note- it's really LOL when someone messages me on whatsapp to say 'I whatsapp'd my daughter/cousin/sister who's in Iran but they haven't replied. Is it because there's no Internet in Iran?'
Me: no, most hotels have wifi. It's because whatsapp is blocked here
10 mins later (sometimes longer!)
Them: umm so how are you using whatsapp?
Me: VPN account

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well heres the thing...Facebook does exist in Iran but you really only see upper class, rich types in Tehran and the big cities using it...they get around the block somehow. In the rest of Iran, in normal families in regular small cities and villages internet IS basically NONE EXISTANT! In most small cities you have to go to an Internet Cafe to even get online... thats the reality...outside of Tehran, Iran is a very different place which remains still pretty rustic.