Saturday, June 20, 2009

On year on...

Its exactly a year since we got to Iran. I've been thinking a lot over the last few days and at how much has happened in a year!

The first and most important thing is that I've actually finished the Farsi and most of the basic Islamic studies course! Major achievement :-)
Well, assuming of course that I pass my final exams!!

I'm also thankful for all the people that helped me settle in:

* The Husband - for putting up with all my strops when I first moved here!

*All those people who helped us set up our home, take us out shopping and told us where to buy things from and what brands (very important to know what brands to buy here, some cleaning products will actually burn your skin off!)

*All those people who went out of their way to make me feel welcome here

*And I have to thank those people who were mean and unhelpful too, as it taught me very quickly who my friends were.

*All my friends that I left behind, for equipping me with heart-shaped ice trays (essential for the boiling weather!) and suggesting I take a panini grill with me (my most-used appliance!)

*All my family, who telepathically know when I am feeling homesick and call me at those moments!

*And,most importantly, all those people that keep me supplied with English chocolate! I love you guys the most!

No comments: