Saturday, October 10, 2009

Back in Qum

After a busy summer filled with summer camp, going back to the UK, working, catching up with friends and family and spending as much time in Tesco as I can, The Husband and I are now back in Qum.

We've had a wonderful welcome back home - seems like nothing has progressed in the 2 months that I've been away. Facebook, BBC and You Tube are all still blocked. But the icing on the cake is the next door neighbour's building work. It started during the time of my final Farsi exams (February) and it still hasn't finished!! So instead of my 'bunking off school lie-in', I had to listen to drilling all day long. n.b. the bunking off school was justified - (1) I never bunked off school when I was a kid, so I'm making up for it now (2) There was a power cut this morning which meant no water to shower or electricity to make tea.

The cherry on the icing of the cake is that our water pump is broken, which doesn't help the piles of laundry I have to do. Also means that I have to cross my fingers and hope/pray that there is enough water in the tank when I need to flush!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would pray harder when The Husband goes in there to make sure there's enough water for him to flush..