Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eggs

The first time I went grocery shopping by myself, I asked the guy behind the counter for 6 eggs. Makes sense right? Eggs come in packs of 6 or 12. The guy behind the counter looked at me strangely while he packed my 6 eggs. Later I realised that you buy eggs in this country by the kilo! And they don’t come nicely packaged in a tray with a see-through plastic lid. They come in a plastic sandwich bag. Inevitably, some of the eggs get broken on the way home.

When my mum came to visit, she accompanied me on one of the grocery shopping trips. She insisted that the shopkeeper pack the eggs in a tray and cover it with a plastic bag!!

Here’s a picture of yesterday’s kilo of eggs:





...yes, the green thing is what you think. The eggs are completely organic, poo and all!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

this one even funnierrrrrrrr !