Thursday, July 16, 2009

The nice people

Ok, I admit my last blog entry was a bit harsh. Sometimes the annoying people annoy me so much that I forget about the good people (happens all the time in every country). Some Iranians will actually go out of their way to help you, like the lamp guy I encountered the other day.

My parents had brought me a desk lamp from the UK. They brought me a lamp that needed a bayonet bulb, but you only get the screw type here. The man was overjoyed at the fact that a lamp from Inglistan (England) had been brought into the shop! He offered to change the fitting and put in an energy saving light bulb. He also changed the plug from a 3 pin to a 2 pin, and made sure that everything was properly secured. He must have worked on the lamp for a good 2 hours and only charged me $4. And, the best part was, he didn't complain but rather relished the challenge.

And while some (or rather most) taxi drivers will try and rip you off, you do get the odd gem who will tell you where the best kebabi in town is, introduce you to the owner and even offer to pick some up when you have a kebab craving!

No comments: