Sunday, November 29, 2009

My faith in Qummies is restored! (well, sort off)

I feel a little guilty about my last rant re: smelly taxi drivers. While it's true that a lot of them smell and/or try and rip you off when they see you're a foreigner, you do get the odd gem.

Like last night. One of the '133' drivers (one of the bigger taxi companies in Qum) dropped us off at someone's house. Not even 2 mins later, the guy drove back to the house and handed me my mobile phone. I didn't even realise I'd left it behind! And to top it off, its a brand new nokia E71!

So I felt really guilty cos I previously slagged off taxi drivers and came home and immeadiately changed my facebook status in the taxi driver's honour.

But one day later, as I sit and ponder on what happened (yes, I'm really that sad) I realise that actually, I gave the driver my phone to speak to the family whose house we had been invited to, to check we were in the right place. And HE forgot to give the phone back to me! And I forgot to ask for it back. So technically I didn't leave the phone in his car, he held onto it and drove off, but realised his mistake and came back. So its a little from column A and a little from column B.

And I'm changing my FB status!

No comments: