Sunday, July 13, 2008

I do like Iran (sometimes)

Before my blog gets too anti - Iran and the government shuts me down, I figured I should write something positive about the country that I've made my home:

1. The ice cream here is really good (obviously the most important thing when its 50degrees in the shade)
2. Stuff is really cheap (e.g a glass of freshly squeezed juice is 30p)
3. Big appliances get delivered same day
4. Furniture gets delivered within 2 days (ready assembled)
5. $30 pays the carpet fitter to fit carpet 3 rooms
6. No need for a TV watershed - all the TV programmes are PG
7. Pace of life is slower and you have time to stop & think
8. Siesta time!

2 comments:

I & S said...

oooh...never thot id see a post which dint slag off iranians :p
and fyi, ur furniture hasnt come yet! and and, u got ripped off paying $30 for the carpet guy! :p

Ali Khimji said...

6. No need for a TV watershed - all the TV programmes are PG...

So the government think your minds are too innocent to be exposed to violence... how very patronising. I think you should start a social revolution by distributing copies of the Saw trilogy, and see what havoc arises...